Embraced is a Post-Abortion Care and Education bible study that is 12-14 weeks long. The program has been designed to minister to women who have been wounded by abortion. Embraced addresses the emotional and spiritual aspects of an abortion choice and provides a healing process in the light of God’s love and forgiveness.
“Before starting Embraced, I believed God had forgiven me, but I just couldn’t forgive myself. Now, I feel God’s love in a deeper way, and I have released the guilt I had held onto for 22 years. I am no longer guilt-ridden or filled with shame and anger.”
- Thinking others wouldn’t accept me if they knew my secret?
- Uncomfortable around babies, baby clothes, pregnant women, or young children?
- Feeling sad or depressed at the time of year when I had the abortion or when my baby was due?
- Reacting physically (tense muscles, stomach in knots) or emotionally (tears, anger, feeling trapped) when abortion is mentioned?
- Engaging in self-destructive behaviors (drugs, alcohol, eating disorders, promiscuity, or abusive relationships)?
- Experiencing nightmares of flashback related to babies or the abortion?
- Worried that I can’t have more babies, that I may not be a good mother?
- Feeling unworthy of God’s love and forgiveness?
- Fearing that God will punish me for my decision?
If you answered yes to any of theses questions, there is help available. Our Embraced program may help to evaluate how post-abortion stress may be affecting you.